Creamy, sweet and bursting matcha flavour. This “matchamisu” is irresistible for everyone.
Even Italians would replace their classic tiramisu with this one.
Tip! If you make this matcha tiramisu with kids use no alcohol, if you want a stronger taste of alcohol use 4 teaspoons of rum but no more. Too much alcohol can dominate the taste.
- 150 gr granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of rum
- 500 gr mascarpone
- 1 cup of water
- 4 teaspoons of Koko Riko Tea Matcha
- 36 lady fingers or more depends on the baking dish you take
- 6 egg yolks
1. In a bowl, put together the 6 egg yolks and sift 150 gr of sugar together, then mix until it’s smooth.
2. Make an au-bain-marie with the egg/sugar batter and continue to beat the batter until it becomes yellowish and creamy. Au bain-marie is when you put your bowl over a saucepan with water that is barely simmering.
Be careful! Do not overcook the eggs
3. Put the mascarpone in a large bowl and add the freshly made custard (eggs/sugar)
1. Combine 1 cup of hot water (80C) and 3 teaspoons of matcha powder together, then add 1 teaspoon of rum.
2. One at a time, quickly dip both sides of the lady fingers in the matcha mixture until soaked.
3. Place the lady fingers on the bottom of your baking dish.
Spread half of the mascarpone custard batter over the lady fingers and smooth out the surface.
4.Dip the remaining lady fingers and custard.
Top at the end with the last custard, smooth out the top and dust matcha green tea.
5. Cover with a sheet of the matcha tiramisu and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
6. Decorate your tiramisu with beautiful strawberries or other fruit to finish the wow-effect!