- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Matcha Powder for Baking
- 1/4 Teaspoon Table Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted and Cooled to Room Temperature
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature, weighing about 55g
- 1/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C. Prepare an 8×8 inch baking tray, lined with parchment paper with overhangs or greased.
2. Add both the sugars and butter and stir until well dissolved.
3. Add in the two eggs and mix well until incorporated (no dark yellow streaks of the egg yolks remaining).
4. Mix in the sugar and sifted matcha powder and stir. At this point, your batter will start becoming green.
5. Add in your sifted all-purpose flour and the chocolate chips and stir well.
6. Pour into the prepared baking tray. Even it out with the back of a spoon and tap the baking tray against the counter several times to ensure an even spread of batter and to remove some excess air incorporated.
7. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the batter comes out clean.
8. Cool for about an hour before cutting and serving.