- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Matcha Powder for Baking
- 1/4 Teaspoon Table Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted and Cooled to Room Temperature
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature, weighing about 55g
- 1/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C. Prepare an 8×8 inch baking tray, lined with parchment paper with overhangs or greased.
- To the butter, add both the sugars and stir until well dissolved.
- Add in the two eggs and mix well until incorporated (no dark yellow streaks of the egg yolks remaining).
- Mix in the sugar and sifted matcha powder and stir. At this point, your batter will start becoming green.
- Add in your sifted all-purpose flour and the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray. Even it out with the back of a spoon and tap the baking tray against the counter several times to ensure an even spread of batter and to remove some excess air incorporated.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the batter comes out clean.
- Cool for about an hour before cutting and serving.